Movies, Television, Music...
Jobs, Industries, Investing...
Internet, Software, Hardware...
Video Games, Role playing, Gambling...
Fitness, Medicine, Alternative...
Family, Consumers, Cooking...
Kids & Teens
Arts, School Time, Teen Life...
Media, Newspapers, Weather...
Travel, Food, Humor...
Maps, Education, Libraries...
Biology, Psychology, Physics...
Autos, Clothing, Gifts...
People, Religion, Issues...
Baseball, Soccer, Basketball...
Cruises, Destinations, Reservations...
United States, United Kingdom, Europe...
Deutsch, Español, Français...
Arts and crafts,
Visual arts and design
Pioneer programThe American Pioneer program of unmanned space missions was designed for planetary exploration. There were a number of such missions in the program, but the most notable were Pioneer 10 and Pioneer 11, which explored the outer planets and left the solar system. Both carry a golden plaque (see Pioneer plaque), depicting a man and a woman and information about the origin and the creators of the probes, should any extraterrestrials find them someday.
See also: Timeline of Planetary Exploration, Able space probes
- Pioneer 0 - Lunar orbiter, destroyed in launcher failure (Able 1)
- Pioneer 1 - Lunar orbiter, missed Moon due to launcher failure (Able 2)
- Pioneer 2 - Lunar orbiter, destroyed in launcher failure (Able 3)
- Pioneer 3 - Lunar flyby, missed Moon due to launcher failure
- Pioneer 4 - Lunar flyby, achieved Earth escape velocity
- Pioneer X - Lunar probe, lost in launcher failure
- Pioneer Y - Lunar probe, failed to achieve lunar obit
- Pioneer Z - Lunar probe, lost in upper stage failure
- Pioneer 5 - interplanetary space between Earth and Venus
- Pioneer 6, 7, 8 and 9 - interplanetary space "weather network"
- Pioneer A - interplanetary space "weather network"
- Pioneer B - interplanetary space "weather network"
- Pioneer C - interplanetary space "weather network"
- Pioneer D - interplanetary space "weather network"
- Pioneer E - interplanetary space "weather network", lost in launcher failure
- Pioneer 10 - Jupiter, interstellar space
- Pioneer 11 - Jupiter, Saturn, interstellar space
- Pioneer H - identical to Pioneers 10 and 11 (F & G)
- Pioneer Venus 1 - the Pioneer Venus Orbiter of the Pioneer Venus project (Pioneer 12)
- Pioneer Venus 2 - the Pioneer Venus Multiprobe of the Pioneer Venus project (Pioneer 13)
- Pioneer Venus Probe 1 - part of the Pioneer Venus Multiprobe
- Pioneer Venus Probe 2 - part of the Pioneer Venus Multiprobe
- Pioneer Venus Probe 3 - part of the Pioneer Venus Multiprobe
- Pioneer Venus Probe 4 - part of the Pioneer Venus Multiprobe
- Pioneer 1P
Source | Copyright
Webmasters: Add your website here: