Movies, Television, Music...
Jobs, Industries, Investing...
Internet, Software, Hardware...
Video Games, Role playing, Gambling...
Fitness, Medicine, Alternative...
Family, Consumers, Cooking...
Kids & Teens
Arts, School Time, Teen Life...
Media, Newspapers, Weather...
Travel, Food, Humor...
Maps, Education, Libraries...
Biology, Psychology, Physics...
Autos, Clothing, Gifts...
People, Religion, Issues...
Baseball, Soccer, Basketball...
Cruises, Destinations, Reservations...
United States, United Kingdom, Europe...
Deutsch, Español, Français...
Arts and crafts,
Visual arts and design
Leasowe Lighthouse Leasowe Lighthouse is a lighthouse at Leasowe, Wirral, Merseyside in the north west of England, and within the North Wirral Coastal Park, a SSSI ( Site of Special Scientific Interest).
The lighthouse was built in 1763 by the Mersey Docks and Harbour Board. It was one of four lights on the North Wirral Foreshore, the others being two at Hoylake and another at Leasowe. The latter was soon destroyed by the sea and was replaced by a lighthouse on Bidston Hill in 1771 - now Bidston Windmill.
Leasowe Lighthouse had the only known female lighthouse keeper in those days, a Mrs. Williams. It operated until July 1908, then became a tearoom. It was unused until 1989 when it became the base for the North Wirral Coastal Park Ranger Service.
Source | Copyright
Add your website here: