DzogchenDzogchen (Tibetan, translated from the Sanskrit Mahasandhi) has at least 2 meanings:
There are two different main lineages of Dzogchen:
- The primordial state of every sentient being.
- Teaching. Dzogchen is a teaching that gives paths to discover the primordial state and develop it to achieve realization (enlightenment). In Tibet Dzogchen is considered an advanced and secret teaching on nonduality, i.e. it is thought to be the absolute/ultimate teaching of pure and total awareness (see also Maha Ati Tantra)
According to the first historical teacher of Nyingma Dzogchen lineage, Garab Dorje, Dzogchen has three key points:
- Buddhist: first taught by Guru Garab Dorje
- Bön (Bon)
In Tibetan Buddhism Dzogchen is practiced mainly by the Nyingma school, although all four main schools of Tibetan Buddhism practice it to some extent.
- Direct introduction to one's own nature (Tib., ngo rang thog-tu sprod-pa)
- Direct discovery of this unique state (Tib., thag gcig thog-tu bcad-pa)
- Remain in this state until liberation (Tib., gdeng grol thog-tu bca'-pa)
Source | Copyright
Webmasters: Add your website here:
Readers: Edit |
Rigpa is an international network of meditation centers and groups under the guidance of Sogyal Rinpoche, author of the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, and H.E. Dzogchen Rinpoche.
Flaming Jewel Sangha Brother and Sister Traditions Tsogyel Nying thik Lamas Tsogyel Gar
Palyul Ling International: Tibetan Buddhism and Dzogchen Study
Palyul Ling promotes the study of Tibetan Buddhism under the tutelage of Dzogchen master, Drubwang Pema Norbu Rinpoche, the Supreme Head of the Nyingma School of Tibetan Buddhism and the Throneholder of the Palyul Lineage.
Buddhist InfoWeb: Vajrayana/Dzogchen
Online Buddhist Centers & Information in the Tibetan/Vajrayana/Dzogchen Traditions
Buddhist International Alliance (BIA)
The BIA is a network of Buddhist monastic, education and charity organizations headed by His Eminence Khejok Rinpoche of the Gelugpa tradition within Tibetan Buddhism. Its root monastery is Dhe-Tsang Monastery of eastern Tibet.
Nairobi (Kenya) Karma Thegsum Choling is a Karma Kagyu Buddhist Meditation Center of His Holiness the Seventeenth Gyalwa Karmapa, Ugyen Trinley Dorje, and a direct affiliate of Karma Triyana Dharmachakra, the Seat of His Holiness Karmapa in North America.
International Dzogchen Community
The Dzogchen Community is a broad based association of people brought together by a common interest in the teaching of Dzogchen Ati, who follow it under the guidance of a master possessing practice, each according to his own capacity - the Tantras, the Lungs and the Upadeshas; and further the circumstances necessary for these activities.
Baudhanath: Shechen Monastery
Serves to re-establish the unique traditions, rituals and dances of the original Shechen in Tibet. Site includes details of projects, archives, and publications.
Tenovice: Buddhist Center
A Diamond Way meditation center, directed by Ole Nydahl. Site includes details of the building project, and meditation courses.
Bermuda: Karma Kagyu Study Group
A Karma Kagyu Center. Includes weekly practice schedule.