RedheadThe word redhead can mean several things:
- The North American Redhead duck, Aythya americana
- A colloquial name for the immatures and adult females (i.e., any non-adult male) of some other ducks, notably Smew and mergansers
- The North American Red-headed Woodpecker, Melanerpes erythrocephalus
- The milkweed Asclepias curassavica
- A "redhead" is also a kind of stage light (800W tungsten light): see theatrical lighting
- For the sense of a redhead as a human being with red hair, see red hair.
- Redhead was also a 1959 musical, for which Richard Kiley won the Best Actor Tony Award.
- See also Brian Redhead (1929-1994), BBC Radio presenter on The Today programme
- Redheads is a brand of matches sold by Bryant & May;.
Source | Copyright
Webmasters: Add your website here:
Readers: Edit |
Dedicated to promoting the beauty and mystery of redheads everywhere.
Elessar's Redhead Worship Page
Devoted to the beauty of Redheaded women, both celebrities and friends.
Realm of Redheads
A site devoted to redheads and those who love them.
Redhead Cluster Phenomenon
History, stats, and real-world sightings demonstrating the eerie fact that we run across redheads in clumps with long gaps in-between.
Ginger Liberation Front
Devoted to breaking stereotypes. Members, message, chat room, poll, and links.
A group for natural redheads fighting anti-redhead behaviour such as mocking or stereotyping in the media. Features recent news, hall of shame, reviews, and a summary of efforts to protect redheads under UK laws.
Reuters: Flaming Hair Could Mean Flaming Pain
Reports on a study that redheads may actually have another trait that makes them stand out-- sensitivity to pain.
Red Heads & Freckles
Photographs of various redheads by Douglas Barber, as well as a list of fun facts and quotes about redheads, list of famous redheaded people, and related links.