Party gameParty games are games which share several features suitable to entertaining a social gathering of moderate size.
Common party games include
Not all of the above are suitable for children's parties. Traditional children's party games (some of which are also popular with teenagers and adults) include:
- The number of participants is indefinite and fairly large. Traditional multiplayer board games tend to accommodate anywhere from four to six or seven players at most, whereas party games generally have no fixed upper limit. Some games become unwieldy if more than twelve or fifteen play, but even for these the upper limit is flexible. Many party games simply divide everyone into two roughly equal teams.
- The players can take part at varying levels. Not everyone enjoys straining themselves to the utmost to win, so good party games have multiple ways to play along and contribute to everyone's enjoyment. For example, in Fictionary not everyone needs to create plausible dictionary definitions; humorous submissions are at least as welcome. In Charades, players can actively participate in guessing without taking a turn at acting.
- Player elimination is rare. Monopoly makes a poor party game, because bankrupt players must sit out while the remaining players continue. In contrast, no matter how far behind a team is in Pictionary, all players can participate until the very end.
See also: Drinking game
- The Bear and the Honeypot
- Blind Man's Buff
- Farmer Wants a Wife
- Hunt the Thimble (or slipper, or other object)
- Oranges and Lemons
- Pass the Parcel
- Poor Jenny
- Poor Pussy
- Postman's Knock
- Spinning the Plate
- Wink Murder
Source | Copyright
Webmasters: Add your website here:
Readers: Edit |
Games You Want
Makers of the Picture Frame Game for bridal showers. Virginia, USA.
Expresso--the Life of the Party
Collection of rules and props for 18 rollicking improv comedy routines. No experience required.
Party games for all events including birthdays and festive celebrations. Also specialize in personalized party favors for baby showers, bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and over-the-hill parties.
The Race Game
'Winner squirts all' party game in which contestants race down the track while trying to avoid pitfalls which get them squirted with water.
Celebrity The Game
Trivia game. Illinois, USA. [on-line, toll-free ordering]
A drinking board game for up to 12 players. Offers links, message board, and directions.
Rehab - A Wild Drinking Game
Players move their pieces on the game board according to die roll and do what the action cards say.
Party game where the object is to draw shapes while looking at a mirror. Toll-free ordering only.
Grabaslamaluga the Game
Turn any gathering into a party, just add Grabaslamaluga, the drinking game from 4 Day Weekend.
Sculpt something out of modeling dough and your team mate has to identify it. British Columbia, Canada. [order online or toll-free]
Producers of Coodju and BackRound.
Offers ordering, game information, testimonials, and party photos.
The Loser Game
Adult board game designed to determine who in your group is the biggest loser. Offers ordering and game information.
Games and Letters to Print, Inc.
Specializing in printable baby shower games. Offers game information and online ordering.
Great Party Games
Party games for showers and birthdays.