Medical informaticsMedical Informatics is the name given to the application of information technology to healthcare. It is the:
Medical informatics is often called health informatics. This later-generation term reflects the substantive contribution of the citizen and of non-medical professions to the generation and usage of healthcare data.
- "understanding, skills and tools that enable the sharing and use of information to deliver healthcare and promote health" (British Medical Informatics Society).
Aspects of the field
- architectures for electronic healthcare records
- messages for the exchange of information (for example, through the use of the HL7 data standard)
- decision support systems in healthcare
- terminology systems and domain termlists
- and more mainstream systems and services as they apply particularly in the healthcare domain (such as any security implications unique to the protection of medical data)
Source | Copyright
Webmasters: Add your website here:
Readers: Edit |
News, articles, topical information and a networking facility between pharmacists and information technologists.
Medical Expert Systems
Resources for medical professionals on the latest computer based decision support systems.
Hardin MD: Medical Informatics and Computers
University of Iowa, lists of web sources, software, and computers.
Medical Informatics (Minfor)
Articles on medical informatics. Links to related literature, journals and articles.
Links to history, associations, articles, definitions. A number of the links are not working.
Dr. Subrahmanyam Karuturi - Dot Com Doctor
Basic information on software, hardware, internet, trends, maintenance, articles, reviews, a 'text content summarizer' and links. Indian focused though in English.
Australia's national strategic plan for health information management
Health Informatics World Wide
Comprehensive index of links to medical and nursing informatics.
Health Informatics FAQ
Answers to various health informatics questions by Professor Vicki Sauter.
Indian Medical Informatics
Weblog categorizing and analyzing medical informatics (and more) with a focus on India. Interactive site with reader discussions, archive, recent item list and search details.
Data base with links to medical science, informatics and special diseases.